After working with Arial this summer we are excited to welcome more interns to DC Diaper Bank! We’re hoping to work with two college or graduate students around development/fundraising and outreach. If you are interested or know anyone who might be please get in touch! Description for the Development Internship is below – get in touch for details on the Outreach position or to apply for either. If you’re interested in applying please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. thanks! cc
The primary duties of the Development Intern are to oversee the input and maintenance of the DC Diaper Bank donor database, identify new foundation support and assist with grant writing. The position also requires working with regard to all donor services and fundraising activities. These activities include; assisting with the creation of effective marketing collateral, helping the team manage donor relationships, and assisting with our written, video, and online communications. Happy to work with students seeking internship credits.
TIME COMMITMENT: 10 – 15 hours per week; minimum 4 months
- Assisting with processing gifts from donors, volunteers and other stake holders.
- Assisting with donor database management.
- Producing acknowledgements for regular donors.
- Assisting with writing effective grant requests from foundations and corporate foundations and management of those relationships.
- Researching possible foundations and corporate foundations for future requests.
- Creating donor appeals, newsletters and marketing collateral.
- Assisting with effective fundraising events.
- Helping the team to produce effective individual donor programs.
Skills & Abilities:
- Interest in cultivating the skills necessary for fundraising in a non-profit organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Familiarity with database use and management.
- Familiarity with office environments, Internet, e-mail, general office equipment.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful, self-starting self-motivated.
- Willingness to take direction and to learn new skills