VolunteerWe are Volunteer-Powered!
Please read all information below before contacting us! We receive a high number of inquiries, and we want you to have the information you need as quickly as possible.
What do you do in a volunteer session?
Volunteering is family friendly and all are welcome. We’ll be sorting, packing and stacking diapers, sorting inventory, and organizing the Baby Pantry. In some volunteer sessions, we’ll also be preparing gear and completing diaper distribution. Our Volunteer Sessions are a great way to start talking about giving back and community in a tangible way that kids can relate to, and are also really fun!
Is there an age restriction for volunteers?
Volunteers of all ages (babies to seniors) are welcome and we have a play space for our youngest volunteers. Volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
How Do I sign up?
Dates are listed below — if you’d like to join us, please click ‘Sign Up’ next to the date of the session and complete the registration form. Please note:
- Our registration is designed for individuals and families- if you are bringing more than 2 adults, please register them separately.
- All volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult, and to ensure appropriate supervision, we require at least a 1:4 adult:child ratio.
- Please plan to join us for the full session!
- Please use the comments section of the form to let us know if any volunteers have special needs or requirements.
- We add volunteer sessions on the 15th of the month for the following month. Check back then to sign up for next month! If the session you wanted is full, check back a day or two before, as spaces do open up!
- In the case of inclement weather, we will post on the opening page of our website whether the warehouse is open, no less than an hour before a volunteer session’s scheduled start time. If the weather outside is frightful, check there before you come out.
We love volunteering with our kids! It’s such an easy and tangible way to give back and start talking about the issue of poverty with our children.
Tracie, regular GDCDB Family Volunteer
At Greater DC Diaper Bank, we have committed to providing opportunities for families to volunteer together. This commitment limits our ability to accommodate volunteer groups for warehouse sessions, but we are happy to talk with organizations about ways to get involved! Through product drives, creating donation kits, or creative fundraising ideas, we would love to engage your group in our work. We provide toolkits, promotional materials, and offer tours for groups. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find your unique way to help families in need!