We are volunteer-powered!
Due to the current COVID surge we are not scheduling volunteers for February 2022 at this time. Please check back frequently, however, as the situation is evolving and we may try to schedule sessions later in February if circumstances allow.
Please read all information below before contacting us! We receive a high number of inquiries, and we want you to have the information you need as quickly as possible.
COVID-Conscious Volunteer Sessions (Limited Capacity)
Greater DC Diaper Bank is looking forward to welcoming you!
We are welcoming a limited number of volunteers back into our Warehouse. In order to keep everyone safe and adhere to CDC recommendations please note:
- Volunteer sessions are open for a limited number of people (15 maximum)
- Children are welcome provided they can wear a mask for the entirety of the 2-hour session
- The following COVID protocols are in place:
- All volunteers must wear mask covering their nose and mouth at all times
- Volunteers will be spaced 6 feet apart
- Following each volunteer session the space will be thoroughly cleaned
What do you do in a volunteer session?
We’ll be sorting, packing and stacking diapers, sorting inventory, and organizing the Baby Pantry.
How do I sign up?
Dates are listed below — if you’d like to join us, please click ‘Sign Up’ next to the date of the session and complete the registration form.
- Our registration is designed for individuals and families – if you are bringing more than 2 adults, please register them separately.
- Please plan to join us for the full session!
- Please use the comments section of the form to let us know if any volunteers have special needs or requirements.
- We add volunteer sessions on the 15th of the month prior for the following month. Check back then to sign up for next month! If the session you wanted is full, check back a day or two before, as spaces do open up!
- In case of inclement weather, we will post closures on the opening page of our website no less than an hour before a volunteer session’s scheduled start time. If the weather outside is frightful, check there before you come out.
8860 Monard Drive
Silver Spring, MD 20910
NOTE: Please park opposite the loading docks.
At Greater DC Diaper Bank, we a committed to providing opportunities for families to volunteer together. This commitment limits our ability to accommodate volunteer groups for warehouse sessions, but we are happy to talk with organizations about ways to get involved! We would love to engage your group in our work through product drives, creating donation kits, or creative fundraising ideas. For more information, check out our Group Volunteering page!
“We love volunteering with our kids! It’s such an easy and tangible way to give back and start talking about the issue of poverty with our children.”
TRACIE – REGULAR GDCDB FAMILY VOLUNTEER
Greater DC Diaper Bank believes that giving a little changes a lot.
Every dollar helps vulnerable families grow stronger.
Every little action gets bigger when you put things together.
There are so many ways you can volunteer.