The Nursery ProjectDelivering essentials so all babies grow up healthy and strong
After talking to our partners and our Ambassadors, Greater DC Diaper Bank is excited to launch The Nursery Project in an effort to get new and like-new baby gear into the hands of moms and dads who need it.
We accept a limited number of items because these are the items our families and social workers tell us they need the most. They are also items that ease the physical reality of parenting in poverty. We accept items at quarterly gear collection drives held around the region – see the News & Events page for our schedule. We do NOT accept these items at the Warehouse or at the neighborhood drop locations.
We ask that before you donate an item you check that it meets the four C’s:
- Complete – Include all pieces and parts
- Compliant – Please check to be sure the item has not been recalled. Visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Considerate – Please only bring items to our publicized gear days. We cannot accept items at the Warehouse or at neighborhood drop locations.
If you have questions on whether we accept an item please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Accept
Please note – we only accept baby gear at drives. We do not take baby gear at our Warehouse or drop locations.
- Diapers & Pullups (open packages happily accepted)
- Single strollers
- Double strollers
- Pack ‘n’ plays
- Baby carriers (eg. ergos, bjorns)
- Baby Bathtubs
- Bouncy seats
- Bumbo seats
- Feeding pillows
What We Don’t Accept
- High chairs
- Car seats
- Crib mattresses
Organizations who take a wider range of gear:
- A Wider Circle
- Interfaith Works