We are growing and we want you to join us! We are in search of someone incredible and that might just be YOU! DC Diaper Bank, as you all know, has grown leaps and bounds in the last couple years – we’re coming up on our first anniversary in the Warehouse, our 4th birthday, and our 1,000,000th diaper distributed (more on all that soon!) and we are so happy to have lots of lots of volunteers supporting this work!
Which brings us to the need for someone to help coordinate all these amazing volunteers — we’re looking for a Volunteer Coordinator (volunteer) all the info is below and attached – please take a look and share with others! Get in touch if we’re looking for you! firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coordinator – Volunteer Position
DC Diaper Bank is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator. This position will help to coordinate and grow DC Diaper Bank’s considerable volunteer resources. The Volunteer Coordinator’s primary goals are to manage the flow of volunteers and ensure that each volunteer has a rewarding experience. DC Diaper Bank is an all-volunteer organization and has taken special care to create a physical space where volunteers of all ages and ability levels are welcomed and engaged in our work. This position is very flexible and extremely rewarding!
- Respond to volunteer inquiries via email and phone
- Make weekly volunteer schedule
- Coordinate with different volunteer groups/providers to schedule volunteer events
- Initiate strategic planning to ensure sufficient volunteer needs are being met
- Track volunteer hours
- Lead volunteer sessions
- Communicate clearly with program director and executive director
- Update the calendar on DC Diaper Bank’s website
- Some minimal data entry
Requirements: To qualify for this opportunity, volunteers must:
- Feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, grassroots environment.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with attention to detail and creativity.
- Have previous experience supervising and/or leading teams, organizing and managing projects, and/or building community partnerships.
- Be able to commit 8-12 hours per week. There is no overall length requirement, but we prefer volunteers to commit a minimum of 9 months.
- Be available to lead volunteer sessions on some evenings and weekends.
- Have transportation to our Warehouse located at 8858 Monard Drive, Silver Spring, MD and our Headquarters at 315 12th Street, NE.
- Submit a resume detailing previous leadership, management and communications experience – email@example.com
- Conduct an interview with Executive Director
About DC Diaper Bank
DC Diaper Bank’s mission is to strengthen families by providing a reliable and adequate supply of diapers to families in need in the Washington metro area. We work with an incredible network of 18 social service agencies to reach more than 2,500 families each month with 75,000+ diapers and other baby hygiene items. Founded in 2010, the Diaper Bank has distributed more than 1,000,000 diapers in the last 3.5 years. Learn more atwww.dcdiaperbank.org